Muriate Of Potash (M.O.P)
- Potassium stimulates the growth of strong stems and gives the plant some disease resistance by promoting thickness of the outer cell walls.
- Adequate potassium can reduce moisture loss from growing plants, thereby giving some drought resistance.
- Potassium improves colour, flavour and storing quality of fruit and vegetables.
- MOP is the most concentrated form of granular potassium and typically the most cost effective.
- The even granule size of MOP allows for accurate spreading.
- MOP is commonly blended with SSP to supply major nutrients for pasture based systems.
MOP is used extensively for fertilising pastures, sugar cane, fruit trees, vegetables, and other field crops.